The Mission Statement of this congregation is to:
- PRAISE God.
- PROCLAIM the message of Jesus Christ.
- REACH OUT with this message to people of all backgrounds and cultures.
- CREATE A COMMUNITY of Christian support, love, and forgiveness.
This mission is then detailed in the following objectives:
We will carry out this mission by
- Providing inspirational worship services and preaching.
- Developing skillful ministry to children and youths.
- Establishing effective evangelism and outreach.
- Working in and leading community activities.
- Utilizing special congregation gifts in music and in many other areas to enhance worship and spiritual leadership.
- Leading our lives as men and women of God with acts of kindness, charity, thanksgiving, and forgiveness.
Finally, the following goals have been the three top mission priorities for us:
- Increased thrust on ministry to the youth of our congregation and in the larger community.
- Physical plant improvements that make our church more open to handicapped, elderly, and people with special needs, while enhancing first-floor areas for restroom facilities and areas for fellowship and reception.
- Build on an already strong foundation of the church community, worship depth and opportunity, education outreach, and musical celebration and thanksgiving.
These are our COMMON GOALS as a congregation. How have you been, and how can you be a part of this mission? What goals might you add to the list? In what ways can we continue to work together to fulfill our mission? What accomplishments can we celebrate?